Monday, June 16, 2008

BLESSING

Sara & I have been talking about our car situation since we rarely use my 1994 Ford Explorer & it is running harder & harder by the day. We were talking about potentially selling it since I will be at Western almost always during the days so I wouldn't need a car. We have been racking our brain, talking about it, praying about it, etc but have not come to a decisive decision.

On our way home from Sara's parents 2 weekends ago, we talked the entire way about the car situation. The pro's & cons of what to do, but we never came to a decision we really felt good about since transporting Promise is still in issue in the car.

Well unknown to us, Sara's phone had died & she had a missed call. When we got home & she plugged it in, she noticed the missed call & voicemail. It was from her Aunt, so she gave her a call back. To make a long story short, her Aunt shares with us that they had bought a more gas efficient car due to the amount of driving they do so they were discussing what to do with their minivan. As they prayed about it, they felt God was telling them to give it to us. No not sell....I said GIVE!

Sara & I were completely blown away by this & were honestly humbled beyond compare. God has provided for us over & over this past year & as we sneak up to our one year anniversary (June 30) he has astounded us once again. There have been months where we were worried about money or how we were going to buy gifts for birthdays, but every time we have made it. He astounds us that as we follow after him & honor him in our actions, time, & life he blesses us beyond our wildest dreams. We could have never conceived this situation. We could have easily come up with a smart & economic decision on our own, but his plans our so much higher then our own. Who would have thought that the whole time Sara & I were talking about the car situation all the way home, that God had already taken care of it & it was waiting in our voicemail. What a blessing!

So in a few weeks we will be the proud owner of a Maroon, 1996 Minivan. God is good...that's all I can say!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I'm so happy for you!! I wish I could do more for you both ~~ but Dad runs our house! I am more of a giver and I think Dad feels like he worked hard for what he got and it is good for you guys to also, and in a way I do understand that concept also.

Claudia said...

I still think that it is awesome that they gave it to you guys!! I really like her Aunt and Uncle, although I can't say I know her Uncle to much.

You are so right when you said,

"We could have easily come up with a smart & economic decision on our own, but his plans our so much higher then our own."

I would LOVE to be able to just "GIVE" as God lesd me....maybe someday I can!!