Friday, April 8, 2011

Growth

Growth can come in the most unexpected places sometimes. It can come when you least expect it or it can come when you're anxiously waiting with batied breath. It can come when you ask for it or it can come when you didn't even know you needed it.

Just as in the growth of a child, sometimes it can be challenging & sometimes even painful. The one thing you can count on though is it is fun to grow. I remember being a kid & loving the fact I was outgrowing my clothes & excited that I could reach the counter or that I was big enough to sit in the front seat of the car. Growth can be exillerating!

I have been going through much growth recently. Let me just run down the events of March alone...I found out I have a serious esophogus problem that will require surgery in the spring, our basketball team won its first ever boy's state championship, Sara & I welcomed our son Jordan Ezekiel to the world, & many things have been changing in regards to my jobs here at Western Mennonite School. It has been a flury of events that I didn't even realize the magnitude until I sat back last weekend & soaked it all in. I have grown! I have buds sprouting up all over me & around me.

I was given the greatest compliment I think I have ever been given yesterday by an amazing young man here at Western. He said in front of our student body that I inspire him to do greater things in his own life by me simply being me. Sometimes you don't realize what impact you are even giving. You may think you are simply a bud that is just sprouting out of the ground & is unoticed by most. However, to others you may be a beautiful, fully blooming flower that is radiant & astounding, rising in the sun & standing tall for all to see.

I am sitting in my office today on a beautiful spring day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the breeze is blowing, & I sit here thankful. I am thankful for the growth that is taking place. I am thankful for the the things that have been pruned back in my life that growth might happen again. I am content & loving the stretching going on in my life. Are you growing? Just stop & take a look around you. You may not realize what you are becoming!

No comments: