Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


We had a fantastic time this weekend. Sara & I were able to get away from Western for a few days & travel to our Aunt & Uncle's house in Sisters, Oregon. This is the view from their front porch. It is breathtaking, but after a few days you find yourself taking for granted the beauty of the creation around you. It was nice to escape the "end of the year" stresses that have been tugging at our minds. 

They are also the ones that run Mountain View Labradoodles. This is a picture of some of their dogs that were there. (From left to right) Rose which is a beautiful, red labradoodle. Baily which is one of the original Labradors that started the business. Mazi which is a first cross Labradoodle & is a very smart dog. She knows many tricks & loves to "show off". Chip which is a recently acquired male from Austrailia. He is in the process of being trained to be used in the business. Last but not least, our bundle of joy...Promise. She is quite the character & loves running with her "pack". She seems to come to life when we take her to their house. She loves to interact with other dogs that she knows. 

Mouse & Grams came over on Saturday for lunch & to visit. We had a good time talking, playing games & going for a walk. It was a realaxing time, & Sara & I even got a little sun in the process!

They gave us a baby gift while we were there. It is a 5' giraffe that goes in the nusury. It is positioned right next to the crib & will watch over our little girl while she sleeps. It is the perfect addition to our Safari themed nursury. 

This is Chloe their bird. She is quite funny & loves to talk. I don't know if I would ever have the guts to have a bird of my own, but I definetly admire them & appreciate them when I'm around them. 

All in all we had a fantastic weekend & enjoyed the much needed R&R. We finished off the 4-day weekend with a birthday party yesterday to celebrate Brandon & I's birthday. I remember when him & I would have joint birthday parties when we were 4 & 5. My how time flies. On Saturday I will be turning 24. I feel like my life is only beginining, however. I feel like all the things that I want to do & accomplish are still within my grasp. I am completely satisfied where my life has taken me thus far in my short 24 years on Earth & I am expectant what will happen over my next 24 years. God has blessed me emensly to the point where I understand the verse whole heartedly "...be content in all things." 

No comments: