Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Quotes

I watched a fantastic movie last night. It was the curious case of Benjamin Button. It was a fantastic movie from a cinamatogrophy standpoint. Incredible sotry line played out wonderfully, indept charecter analysis but not enough to bore you, & wonderful film overlay to make Brad Pitt seem small. I was so impressed by it, that I would actually watch it again. & if you know me at all, you know I hate watching movies twice. There were 2 quotes in the movie that I absolutely loved. I would normally berate on & on about why I loved them, but today I think I will just post them & let you ponder them. 

Your life is defined by its opportunities... even the ones you miss.
 
For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again. 

I also heard some amazing quotes from an e-mail I received from a friend. It was from a former President that most of us admire & respected. Whether Democrat or Republican, there are a few Presidents that truly cross party lines & unify a nation. Washington was one...Lincoln another...FDR another...& Reagan. Our current President Obama has spoken in admiration many times of Reagan & said he formulates his ideas & policies off of Lincoln & Reagan. Here are some amazing quotes from the former President:

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War:
We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the
government and I'm here to help.'-Ronald Reagan


'Of the four wars in my lifetime,
 none came about because the   US.
 was too strong.'- Ronald Reagan


'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have
looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.'- Ronald
Reagan


'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but
doesn't have to take the civil service examination.' - Ronald Reagan


'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at
one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.' - Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a
government program.' - Ronald Reagan


'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short
phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it
 keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it' - Ronald Reagan


'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many
rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' -
Ronald Reagan


'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as
formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'-
Ronald Reagan



'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a
nation gone under.'- Ronald Reagan

No comments: