Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Birthday Weekend

I had my 23rd birthday on Friday, May 30th. It was a fun week of birthday festivities! Last Sunday, we went to Red Robin & then to see Prince Caspian with some friends. It was a good time & I liked the movie.

On Friday we celebrated my birthday with my family. Here's a picture of me opening gifts.

Here is my beautiful wife hanging out with me on my parents swing after the birthday BBQ.


Even though it was my birthday, I HAD to show the boys how to really hit a whiffle ball. =)


This is my adorable niece Juniper. She was quite the smiley girl & did very well considering everyone wanted to hold her. What a good girl she is! My sister Karli & Landon are doing a wonderful job raising their children.


On Saturday we had a BBQ with some friends from church for my b-day. Afterwards we went to Cosmic Blowing here in McMinnville. We had a blast! It had been a while since I went bowling & it took the first game to get me warmed up....I only bowled a 107 the first game. The second however, I found my nitch. I was frustrated as I missed numerous opportunities for strikes or spares (I was robbed of a couple) I bowled a 189. I had a great time & all in all a good birthday. I've found that the older you get, the less "exciting" birthday's are. When you are young, birthdays are a huge event! As you get older however, it is more of an accomplishment then a event. No I don't mean an accomplishment of surviving, but more of an accomplishment of looking a what you have done over the past year.

Sara & I talked about what we have done over the past year. It is amazing! Since my 22nd birthday, I have sold a store, switched jobs now twice, gotten married, went on a honeymoon, went on a cruise, switched churches, & many many MANY other small things. It is incredible to see how much Sara & I have changed & to see what we hae accomplished. God is faithful & it has been one of the best years of my life!

On a side note, I found out that we get to paint our new apartment at Western. We are very excited about that so we can make our place more homey! So we have been looking at paint swatches & trying to decide what we want to do. The moving day is coming up quick: July 27th.

I am a little sore today as I had to ref 3 summer league basketball games last night by myself. We are headed over to some friends tonight for dinner & games. Should be exactly what the doctor ordered!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Wow~!!!!!! Just a little more going on with you than I have to type on my blog.....not much happening here.
Mom