Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Quick Week

We spent Father's Day over at my parents house. It was a fun, low key day. We decided to just do a low key dinner for my dad (spaghetti) & then we had some amazing strawberry shortcake that Sara & I made. WOW, it was good. You know it's summer time when the strawberries are oh so sweet, yet tangy at the same time. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you have never had fresh strawberries.

Here are my 3 of my 4 nephews (From left to right: Ashton, Kaenan, & Sam). They were hot so they took off their shirts & went running through the yard. They thought they were pretty tough & looked cool. Oh to be a kid again, eh?

My Dad & I were just relaxing inside while everyone ate outside. I think he really enjoyed his Father's Day & we are all so blessed to have him still with us. He gave us quite a scare 3 years ago with the worst cancer there is, Pancreatic Cancer. However, my Dad is a fighter! He never gave up & as of last month he is cancer free & considered cured! We were just kicking back & relaxing while we enjoyed an outstanding U.S. Open that ended as dramatic as any major golf tournament could.


Here is my moms thumb now. She has had such a crazy week with this infection that really sprung up from no where. They concluded it was staff infection & possibly some other things, but staff was the main culprit. She has gone through a lot of pain lately & is still in quite a bit as her top layer of skin on her finger is gone & she still has an open gash in her finger. After surgery they think they have fixed the problem, but only time will tell.

This weekend we are headed to Sunriver for 4 days & then we are staying with our Aunt & Uncle for a few days. It should be a fun time with friends & then family. Sara & I feel so blessed to have the freedom to take trips during the summer & to manage our time as we wish. It's the beauty of being self employed & both of us working for schools as well. It means summer's are free but you still get paid. You can't beat that!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Nice to have some 'family' pictures on your blog!! I was begining to think all you did was go to the in-laws.

Claudia said...

I think you do a good job at bloging! You and Karli seem to be a natural at it~~although I think you are a little more realistic in yours. Karli never seems to say anything but "great things' and you wonder if she has the most perfect life there is.