Tuesday, December 18, 2007

In a bear-ish mood

It's a pretty mundane Tuesday. Last night we had a very big game against Blanchet. My JV team (which in my mind, is one of the best 2A JV's in the state) came out flat. They decided to freak out on the court instead of play smart, Western Basketball. Consequently our 10 point lead ended up being a 15 point loss. Needless to say I was pretty fired up after the game & let each of my players know it. I expect the most from my players, just as I expected it of myself when I played. I'm still annoyed that we lost to a team that we were SO much better than.

Our varsity however, is playing without one of our best players (he went home for Christmas). We were in a slug match of a game that had very big league implications & we came out on top by finishing the game on a 23-5 run. Can't ask for much more! It was an exciting "chess match" of a game as us coaches like to say.

Tonight my JV play at Cascade High School. I'm hoping for a MUCH better outcome then last night, as I think my players will be motivated tonight.

This is yet another crazy basketball week before Christmas break. We play 4 games in 5 days! absolutely crazy & makes sleep an afterthought, but I love it. If we can win out this week, we will climb back to the top of the state rankings. I love going up against challenging teams & this week offer 4 great challenges. It fires me up as a competitor because it only makes you better when you play the best!

On another note, Sara & I have just been blessed how God has provided for us. Every time we think we are not going to make it financially one month or something like that, we find out God has totally provided & it has been taken care of. It is such a blessing to trust & be carried. Humbling, yet exciting at the same time.

Well, I'm off to get things wrapped up for work before I leave for my game. I'm hoping to actually be home in time to have dinner with my wife (a novel idea, eh?)....lol

P.S. My Blazers won AGAIN last night. 8 in a row baby! Watch out, here we come!!! (& all this without the enforcer, Greg Oden) Who would have thought? If you haven't been keeping tabs on them, you REALLY should...For more info go to HERE.

No comments: