Thursday, December 6, 2007

First Post.: Another Day another _______?

So people say to me all the time, "I have no idea what's going on in your life." Well, I thought I'd start blogging to fill in "the masses." =) So here we go...

Work has started to go good for me. I still have yet to see a consitent influx of money, but we are staying afloat. It has taken a while for me to wrap my mind around this job. It has been a total restructuring of what I know. What I'm good at is leading. It's how I became an effective manager at my parents store. I lead, motivate, & plan better then most people I know. However, with this job there is elements of that, but it is so different. I came to the point of knowing the grocery business inside & out. I had to totally remove my brain from everything I've known & wrap it around the IT world. This job has been more difficult & challenging then I would have thought when I started out on my own, but it has been very rewarding. I feel I'm starting to get the hang of this world they call "Marketing." & YES, it is much bigger than anyone would have ever imagined...

So my days have been filled up with phone calls, hundreds of e-mails, & scouring online for potential business. Which is good. Busy = good, but the money is the real thing I'm after. (That sounds like it could be the title of a book!)

My other job, coaching basketball, has been going great! We beat the Delphian school last night in pretty emphatic fashion. My JV team put a thumpin' on their boys by 30 + as well as the Varsity. It was good coming off of a win like that as, we both got beat at the end of the game by Westside Christian on Saturday, ruining our perfect season. It's always nice to come off a tough loss with a team like Delphian waiting for you. Next up, we travel all the way to the great town of Culver on Tuesday which will get us back home LATE! Then the next night we travel all the way down to Oakland to play North Valley (a 4A school) which will get us back LATE! It will be a crazy week with 4 game on the schedule, but there's nothing I would rather be doing. I absolutely love coaching basketball. It is my passion, my love, my drive, & I love teaching kids the game. The most amazing thing, is my wife is so supportive of my coaching & my dreams. She is truly the perfect support! If I could only figure out how to get paid enough to coach full time, I'd be the happiest guy in the world. Well that leaves one solution-----College coaching here I come! =)

On another note, I'm anxiously waiting for my sister to have her baby. She is 9+ months & is supposed to have it any day. We'll see when it actually happens, but we'll all waiting for our first neice!

Well for now, that is it. I'm off to work more....

No comments: