Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Perspective

So much has gone on over the past few months. It has been a winter & spring that has left me content, anxious, flattered & incredibly happy. I have began to love my job. It has it's stressful/annoying moments, but I feel fulfilled & I love being around the kids & school. For instance, yesterday after a busy day at work, Sara & I relaxed & wound down by watching our baseball & softball teams play in our "backyard".

The picture is of a baby at 22 weeks, which we are as of yesterday. Sara & I are enjoying every moment of this pregnancy & making sure we cherish every moment. The 2nd trimester has been a breeze compared to the 1st. It has been fun seeing Sara's belly grow & to see her get that pregnancy glow. Everyday I wake up & roll over to wake her up I realize I am the luckiest man in the world. She truly is a fantastic woman who follows after God, takes incredible care of me, is my best friend, & the woman I fall in love with over & over again. I am so excited to start a family with her & August 11th can not come soon enough. You know, sometimes you get so focused on what you don't have or what is going wrong. However, when I really stop & think of my life & where I am...I wouldn't trade it for the world. I truly am blessed & can see God's guidance & favor throughout all of my life. If I could do everything all over again, I'm not really sure I would change a thing. 

I couldn't sleep a night last month & I was laying in bed thinking about work, things I need to do to get the nursery ready, but most of all I was thinking about people & how I react to them. It made me think of my dog, Promise. She has these big ol' brown eyes that she just stares at your with. You can honestly get lost in her eyes. The thing with her is she doesn't care who I am. She doesn't care what I did today. She doesn't care if I'm stressed & tired. She doesn't care if I had a great day. All she knows is I'm her master & she loves me. No matter the day, she comes "bounding" into the house & lays her head on my lap...looking at me with those eyes asking for some cuddle time. She's oblivious to my problems. She simply wants to love on me. 

It made me think...isn't that how we should be with the people we come into contact with everyday? Shouldn't we be loving everyone? Shouldn't we have that smile on our face as we enter the grocery store & greet people with joy? If God's joy is our strength & we are the light of the world then shouldn't we choose to "rejoice & be glad in it"? It only makes sence doesn't it? I'm learning that it is my choice to make things a big deal & it is my choice to be happy in all things. I am enjoying my wife, enjoying my job, enjoying life, & people are enjoying being around me since I began to realize this. It is so much better to focus on the good & not the bad. The line I've come to use as Sara & I's mission statement is: "It ain't nothing but a thing". No matter how bad or how disheartning, it ain't nothing but a thing. It isn't a big deal. It will seem like something so small very soon. 

Perspective is a wonderful & amazing tool to have. I pose the question...who is control of your life? You? or is your life controlling you? Just food for thought.

No comments: