Friday, February 5, 2010

6-Months

Allison Faith is 6 months old today! She has grown so much over the past 6 months that it is crazy to think of her being a newborn once. I remember vividly, holding her in my arms once she came into this world. I remember, like it was yesterday, cutting her cord & calling her by name for the very first time. I remember her grabbing my hand oh so tightly as I cleaned her off out of the womb. I remember changing her first diaper.

So many things have happened in this little girl's life. So many exciting moments & eventful impasses in her life so far. I am honored to be her Father. Sara & I were talking last night, on the eve of her 6 month birthday, how challenging parenting was. It has stretched us in more ways then I can even begin to explain in words on this blog. Allison was a baby who started to sleep through the night by 6-weeks. So nights have not been rough at all, but recently she has started to teeth & boy does she let us know those little gums hurt at 2am in the morning. Eventually as a parent you begin to run on empty as your running in different directions all the time & you're not getting your rest to recuperate.

What Sara & I came to realize though is that through all of the stretching, selflessness, & responsibility that comes with parenting...we wouldn't trade a moment of it. It has been the most rewarding thing I have ever gone through in my life. It has made me a better man & husband. I absolutely love being the doting father to my little Ally. So today I celebrate my daughter! I could not ask for a better wife & daughter. I love my girls!

Before I know it I will be writing her "1-year" blog post!

No comments: